Friday, May 6, 2011

Moms Rock

This is a special shout out to my special mom.






Mom,

I'm convinced you are the most selfless human on the planet. You are a culinary goddess and you're the most naturally beautiful person I've ever seen (Seriously, in her fifties and she doesn't wear a bit of make up!)  You love us a lot in spite of all our flaws and I know that I would not be the person I am today without your influence, time, and love.

Remember that time I was in fifth grade and you helped me dig through six bags of trash to find a piece of my homework? Thank you for that. And thank you for driving to DC in the middle of the night that one time I was all alone and super sick with a kidney infection. And thank you for all the millions of things you do for me and our family that go unnoticed.

You taught me how to cook, to live within my means, be independent, put family first, talk and share feelings and stories. I love you, my dear mom, and I appreciate you SO much.


Being a mom is HARD work (or so I can imagine). To all the moms out there, Happy Mother's Day!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment